The B-2 visa is basically a tourist visa. This visa enables the tourists to enter the USA for a temporary period of time and for tourism purposes.
The B-2 visa is generally issued to the applicant in two formats. The single entry and the multiple entries
It can also be issued for a limited period of time.
Advantages of B-2 visa
- The B-2 Tourist visa comes with many perks
- And advantages.
- There is no sponsor required for you to have a B-2 visa. Any person living in a country other than the USA can file an application for the B-2 tourist visa without having to be first sponsored by a USA sponsor.
- The Change of status is also a perk for the applicant. By change of status I meanwhile being present in the USA, the visitor's intent might change the result of post-admission circumstances; it is possible to have his status changed to other nonimmigrant classifications.
- The B-2 visa gives the application some relaxation as the application is filed directly at the US consulate and the decision is made on an immediate basis.
The Visa requirements
- A valid passport is too important.
- It is necessary for the applicant to satisfy and convince the consular office that he would return to his home country and won’t try to permanently reside there illegally neither would he involve himself in any type of employment in the USA,
- The visa will only be issued to the applicant if he will provide the proof of sufficient funds and financial capabilities to support his stay in the USA.
- The Stay comes with many expenses be it eating or travelling so it is kind of obvious for the visa officers to confirm your financial position.
B-2 Visa Limitations
- The visitor gets a very limited time to stay. He is allowed to enter the USA for a stay which lasts no more than six months.
- The Visitor gets a very limited accessibility. He is bound to maintain his residence abroad. Many boarder-patrol agents are of an opinion that the visitors should stay no more than six months in the USA.
- It is possible to extend your stay which requires some legalities and terms to be met with again.
- A visitor can’t take part in any unauthorized employment.
- The tourist visa simply doesn’t allow anyone to do that.
- The family members of the B-2 visa gainer can't visit the USA on his visa. They have to individually apply and meet the requirements to get their own B-2 visas to enter the USA.
- The documents of the b-2 visa should depict the temporariness of applicants visit.
- The applicant has to provide the evidence of his family member left behind in his home country.
- The applicant has to provide the evidence of his business or other holdings in his own country.
- A travel itinerary and a Round trip ticket.
- A letter of invitation from friends and relatives living in the USA.