B1 just like the B2 visa is a visitor visa the only thing different is that it’s for businessmen. A businessman may be eligible for this visa if he will participate in business activities of a professional or commercial nature in the USA including but not limited to the following things;
- Settling in estate
- Participating in a training (the short term one)
- Negotiation of contract
- Consulting with one’s business associates
- Traveling for the purposes including professional, scientific, educational, or business convention.
- Deadheading is also included. Some air crewmen can enter the USA as deadhead crew with this visa.
Following things should be demonstrated in order to be eligible for the B-1 business visitor visa
- The reason of your trip is to enter the USA for legitimate business.
- You will stay only for a specified period of time and length. More than that is illegal.
- You should have enough funds to cover your trip and all the living expenses in the USA.
- You are residing outside of the USA which you would never abandon and return right after your time of staying expires.
- You are otherwise admissible to the USA.
To get the information for applying for the B-1 visa, you can check the "Department of state" link.
Aliens who are seeking a B-1 visa from various countries may be able to enter the USA without a visa.
The initial period of stay of the applicant is like 1 to 6 months. 6 month is maximum.
The stay can be extended up to 6 months. The maximum amount which is permitted in B-1 visa on any one trip is like 1 year.
Family of B-1 holders
- The spouse of children of the B-1 visa holder cannot gain a dependent visa. The dependents of the applicant will not accompany the applicant because for that person they will have to apply individually for their own B-2 visas and follow the regulations of that visa.
- Some B-1 activities which require an Employment Authorization Document or EAD
- These are some types of B-1 business visitors which require the employment authorization
- A domestic US citizen servant following to join his/her US citizen employer who is having a permanent home or is stationing in the foreign country.
- A foreign airline employee who is engaged in international transportation of passenger’s freight.
- All the Business visitor B-1 visa owners as a domestic or personal servant as described previously must show the following:
- They have a residence abroad for which they have no intention of abandoning
- They have at least 1-year experience of domestic of a personal servant.
- They have been employed abroad by their employer for a minimum of 1 year.
- The employer must show that while being in abroad, he or she has employed a domestic servant on a regular basis in the same capacity as that intended for their employment.
B-1 visa as I said is for the businessman. They will get this visa for sure if proper documentation before applying is done.